We are happy to inform our members about two interesting initiatives for the future:
The Club has initiated to bring out a ‘Coffee-Table’ book that will be based on the club, its activities and members. Members interested can send in pictures, photos, news-clippings, etc. in relevance to the club.
Any interesting episodes/events that have happened over the years can also be sent in by members.
In the cooler months of November and December we are planning a day-long event titled ‘Nostalgia’, that will show-case memorabilia collected over many decades by our members. This could be in the form of:
(k) Any other item of at least 50 years antiquity.
This is to provide two generations of our members an opportunity to admire all these objects in one place.
The requirements are as follows:
(a) A brief history about the object / item
(b) Country of origin and roughly the year of manufacture
The Club will provide ample security and support staff for this day long family event. Credits will be given to the members by way of a small placard placed at the display.
APPEAL TO MEMBERS TO CONSERVE WATER & POWER
Members are requested to:
a. Preferably use a bucket and mug to bathe.
b. If necessary, restrict taking a shower or take one for only 5 to 7 minutes.
c. Close the taps after use.
d. Switch off the fans and lights when not in use.
Seeking Members Cooperation
1. Attendants and ayahs are not allowed in the club premises except in the children’s room and the children’s playground.
2. Drivers and attendants are not permitted to take parcels even on behalf of the members or enter the clubbing areas and dining halls/kitchens.
3. Drivers and helpers are not allowed inside the club’s shop.
4. Petrol/diesel will not be supplied in cans.
5. Personal chauffeurs of members will be allowed in areas marked as parking areas for chauffeur driven vehicles only.
6. The speed limit within the club premises is 10 KMPH which must be strictly followed.
Members Redressal Cell
The Managing Committee has created a “Members Redressal Cell” wef 1st Feb’ 2018.
Members may address their grievances to the Manager – MRC on Extn 76 or meet the Manager – MRC in the administrative block, Main Club during office hours.
Members may please note that all special party entries of debit and credit will reflect in the concerned member’s account and any refund back to the member will be done by way of account payee cheques only.
Plaza Premium Airport Lounge Facilities for Secunderabad Club Members
M/s Plaza Premium has signed an agreement with the Secunderabad Club to offer 25% discount to Secunderabad Club Members on production of Club Card on all lounge facilities at Domestic Departure Lounges of RGIA Hyderabad, Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore and IGIA Delhi & 20% discount at International departure lounges. NAP Room Rent discount offered at present is 10% which will be enhanced in due course. Details on Notice Board. Members may enjoy the lounge facilities on show of Club smart card.
Transit Quarters Advance Room Booking Policy: Review
The Managing Committee in its meeting held on 28 Sept 2017, deliberated on the issue of advance room booking and has decided to reduce the period to book your room in advance from the existing 270 days to 90 days
Members may now book rooms only upto 90 days in advance, keeping in view convenience of all Members.
|1||90 Days to 31 Days in Advance||15%|
|2||30 Days to 72 hrs in Advance||25%|
|3||72 hrs to 24 hrs in Advance||50%|
|4||24 hrs to the Date occupation||100%|
Pan Asian Restaurant at Sailing Annexe
Members may please note that, while the patronage to the Pan Asian Restaurant at Sailing Annexe has been overwhelming, it is logistically unsustainable to keep it open on Saturday/Sunday for lunch. The Managing Committee has decided to revert to the original schedule of dinners only from 7 pm to 11 pm, Tuesday to Sunday. The restaurant will remain closed on Mondays. Inconvenience is regretted.
The change-over to the new software has brought a change in the bill format.
Billing cycle ends on the last day of the month. Payments made between 1st to the 5th of the following month, will reflect in the next month’s bill without attracting penalties.
1. You may pay by any of the following means through our Club website
2. You can also transfer to our Club Account using NEFT. Transaction reference must be emailed to club for immediate credit.
|Credit Card||1.95 % + ST|
|Credit Card – Amex||3.25 % + ST|
|Net banking transaction||1.80 % + ST|
|Debit Card transaction charges above 2000||1.00 % + ST|
|Debit Card transaction charges below 2000||0.85 % + ST|
|IMPS transaction charges||1.00 % + ST|
Club Account No.: 116811011000001
IFSC Code: ANDB0001168
Bank Name: Andhra Bank, Secunderabad Club Branch
3. Members are requested to write their Membership No. on the reverse of the cheques deposited in the Club for easy accounting.
4. Members may now email their suggestions/feedback at email@example.com
5. For enquiries if any contact EDP at Extn. 22 / Accounts department at Extn. 16/23
Guest Entry at Receptions
Members are requested to enter details of their guests as per the format in the register kept at the receptions.
Car stickers with Club logo will be issued only on production of photo copies of the RC Book and Club Membership Card.
Appeal to Members
In view of the migration to new software it is essential for the Members to update their Email address, Mobile Nos and Contact information with the Club.
The above information can be updated during the forthcoming Elections too where a separate desk is made available for this purpose only.
Department – wise email id’s for easy accessibility by members
Members are aware that all communications are being received / sent centrally through firstname.lastname@example.org till now. However, in order to improve the efficiency of service, department-wise email-ID’s are being provided to all HOD’s for smooth operations. Members are requested to kindly make note of the email ID’s.
|6||HR / Personnelemail@example.com|
As Members are aware the Club is in the process of migrating to new software, it is requested to update their personal information with the Club’s Office at the earliest which is mandatory for uninterrupted services.
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Landline Telephone No
- Mobile Numbers
- Email Id (to facilitate Monthly Bills)
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address
- Billing Address
- Company Address
Members can order food parcels on their Smart Cards as per the following protocol. However, drivers and attendants are not permitted to collect the parcels:
a) Up to five (5) pax parcels of each item is permitted.
b) Six (6) to ten 10 pax parcels of each item are permitted in case a minimum of four (4) hours advance notice is given.
c) More than 10 pax parcels of each item are permitted with a minimum of four (4) hours notice and at double the price of the items.
Member Information Form
Carry Your Smart Card
Members are informed that the transition to new software will begin from 01st oct 2016 in all sports / service areas. After that day no register will be available for members to sign.
Please ensure that you carry the smart card at all times without fail to avail the facilities.
|S.No||Sporting Facilities||Billing Location|
|1||Badminton / Squash Court / Physiotherapy||Transit Reception|
|2||Table Tennis / Basket Ball / Health Club||Health Club|
|3||Billiards / Men’s Saloon||Colonnade Bar|
|4||Card Room||Main Dining|
|5||Library / Beauty Parlour / Bridge Room||Library|
|6||Swimming Pool||Swimming Pool|
|7||Main reception Guest||Main Reception|
|8||Main reception 2 Guest||Main Reception 2|
|9||Children’s Library||Ashoka Bay|
|10||Cricket Ground / Tennis||Main Reception 2|
|12||Fuel Pump||Fuel Pump|
|14||Yoga||Library / Main Dining|
|15||Sailing Reception Guest||Sailing Reception|
|16||Boat Shed||Sailing Reception / Sagar Bay|
Seeking Members Cooperation
- Attendants and Ayahs are not allowed in the Club premises except in the Children’s Room and the Children’s Playground
- Drivers and Attendants are not permitted to take Parcels even on behalf of the Members. They shall not enter the Clubbing areas and Dining Halls / Kitchens
- Drivers and Helpers are not allowed inside Club Shop
- Petrol / Diesel will not be supplied in cans
- In the case of personal Chauffeurs of Members, they will be allowed in the areas marked as parking areas for chauffeur driven vehicles only
- Speed Limit within the Club premises is 10 KMPH which must be strictly followed
134 AGM – Amendments To Club Rules
Rule-XIV(1)(a) – Entrance (Application) Fee
(1)(a) Subject to the provisions of these Rules, Permanent Members, including those on the Wait-List, but excluding Member’s sons/daughters elected under Rule V(3) or under Rule VII, shall be required to pay an Entrance Fee of Rs. 5 Lacs plus applicable taxes. The payment of Entrance Fee would be regulated as under:
Rs. 2.5 Lacs as interest free Deposit at the time of application.
Rs. 1 Lac after interview at the time of issuing Temporary Membership Card.
Rs. 1.5 Lacs all at once plus all statutory applicable taxes on total Entrance Fee for being considered for confirmation.
Note: Those in the Wait List as on 31 July 2016 shall pay the difference amount of Rs. 2,00,000/- in lumpsum or maximum of 4 instalments of st Rs. 50,000/- each, by 31 December 2016, failing which their names shall be removed from the Wait List and Wait List Deposit of Rs. 50,000/- refunded.
AGM – 31.7.2016
Rule XXII(2)(e) : The Club Committee: Committee Elections
(e) Candidates contesting for election will not visit the residences/offices of the Permanent Members or communicate with them through letters, SMS’s th and emails for the purpose of canvassing. However, after 24 June of that
year, they may call Members on telephone during decent hours of the day and seek support. However they shall not make any calls to the Members who have registered for not being disturbed. List of such Members would be maintained by the Club in “DO NOT DISTURB” Registry. This list would be made available to the Candidates.
The Candidates are welcome to visit the Club and meet other Permanent Members in the Club premises and solicit their support.
AGM – 31.7.2016
Bengal Club Package Deal
The Bengal Club, Kolkatta, one of the country’s pre-eminent clubs has offered a unique opportunity for its Reciprocal Members.
It has offered a package deal for our members to witness one of the most unique festivals of India; Durga Puja. The facilities available for those interested are: Well appointed rooms with a private balcony, A/C, private bathrooms, Cable TV, Refrigerator, Digital Safe, WiFi, Car rental via reception and a round the clock personal attendant for each chamber.
This offer is valid from 1st to 14th October.
Secunderabad Club Going Green – Adopt A Tree
Tree Plantation is planned by the Club during the forthcoming rainy season.
Members desirous of participating in this initiative may do so by paying Rs 500/- as a one-time payment by any mode preferred by them which will be acknowledged by the Club through the media of News Letter.
Club Secretary may be contacted for details in this regard.
Amendment To Club Bye Law No 23(g)
Bye Law No 23 Parking
(g) Penalty for Wrong Parking
For any wrong parking a penalty of Rs 300/- will be imposed instead of Rs 100/-
Members are requested to make note of it.
Schedule Of Annual Events
|1||Last date of intimation to the Secretary
regarding being a Candidate for Election
|Tue, 31st May 2016|
|2||Last date for Withdrawal of Candidature||Tue, 14th June 2016|
|3||Introductory Meeting with the Candidates
Contesting for Election @ 6.30 PM
|Fri, 24th June 2016|
|4||Annual Election Meeting @ 5.30 PM||Sun, 24th July 2016|
|5||Annual General Meeting @ 5.30 PM||Sun, 31st July 2016|
An Appeal To Members
Members are requested to restrict their driving speed limit to 10kmph in the Club premises, which is mandatory.
Reservation of rooms at transit quarters
Members are requested to please note that with immediate effect Transit Room reservations shall be done through written communication/email only. No oral/telephonic blocking and booking shall be accepted.
Appeal to members to conserve water & power
Members are requested to:
a. Preferably use bucket and mug for bathing
b. If must, restrict taking shower only for 5 to 7 minutes
c. Close the taps after use
d. Switch off fans and lights when not in use
On-duty staff have been instructed to remind the Members who do not follow the above suggestions.
Members are requested to cooperate.
Members Club Bills
We are happy that Members monthly Club Bills can now be perused by them on the Club’s Website ww.secunderabadclub.org
Consequently, many Members may not be interested in getting Hard copies of their monthly Club Bills. All such Members are requested to indicate their willingness in writing to the Club Secretary to stop sending them Hard copies of their monthly Club Bills, without prejudice to relevant Club Rules on the subject.
Secunderabad Club Going Green – Adopt A Tree
Tree Plantation is planned by the Club during the forthcoming rainy season.
Members desirous of participating in this initiative may do so by paying Rs 500/- as a one-time payment by any mode preferred by them which will be acknowledged by the Club through the media of News Letter. Club Secretary may be contacted for details in this regard.
Advertising In The Club’s Media
Members will be happy to know that they can advertise their products, brands or ventures through the media available in the Club:
Tariffs for Advertising
|News Letter Back Page Full||Rs. 46,000/-|
|News Letter Inner Page Full||Rs. 30,000/-|
|News Letter Inner Page Half||Rs. 18,000/-|
|Website Banner||Rs. 18,000/-|
|Display Space on Event Days||Rs. 58,000/-|
|Display Space on Non Event Days||Rs. 30,000/-|
Taxes as applicable.
Payment of Dues
Members are requested to recapitulate that:
- It shall be the duty of every member to ascertain his dues to the Club from time to time and no failure to pay his dues within the prescribed period shall be excused for reason of absence of intimation to him of such dues
- The Member’s bill will be normally despatched in the second week of the following month to enable the Member to verify his dues and pay them in full by 25th of the following month, with the cashier of the Main Club upto 5.30 PM or in the Andhra Bank Secunderabad Club Branch, upto 8 PM but in any case not later than the 5th of the subsequent month, failing which the credit of the Member shall cease and penalty of 4% will be levied on all outstanding dues from 6th onwards
- Drop Boxes for the cheques are kept at Main Club and Sailing Annexe upto 4th of the month and cheques dropped and cash payments made till that date are handed over in the Andhra Bank on 5th of the month for accounting in favour of the Club
- On 5th, cash and cheque payments can be made only at the Main Club (till 5.30 PM on all working days except Saturdays till 4.30 PM) and Andhra Bank at the Main Club (till 8PM on all working days except Saturdays upto 5.30 PM)
- Membership shall be deemed to cease if a Member fails or refuses to pay the dues of the Club for any period exceeding six months
This practice has been in vogue for some time now, which the new members also may please note.
Online Payment / NEFT
As members know, the facility to pay Secunderabad Club bills online has been live for some time now.
We would like to remind the members of a few codicils to keep in mind when using this method
- It takes 3 days for online transactions to reflect in the club account. Therefore, we request Members who utilize the online payment facility to pay by the 1st of every month. We are working to resolve this small issue, but in the meantime, members are requested to comply
- If a payment is done through NEFT, a separate email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Membership No., Amount, Transaction ID and Bank Name
Acc. No. : 116811011000001
IFSC CODE : ANDB0001168
Bank Name : Andhra Bank, Secunderabad Club Branch
Special drive to eliminate drunken driving
It is brought to the notice of the Members and their Dependents that in a Special Meeting with the concerned Government authorities on 25 Jan 2016, The Commissioner has cautioned that with effect from 1st March 2016 strict action shall be taken by the concerned authorities against, ‘Drunken Driving’, ‘Talking on Mobile while Driving’, and ‘Helmet less Driving’.
The Commissioner, Excise specially requested the Club Members & Staff to be educated to be extremely careful in this regard and ensure that only a person/driver who has not taken any alcoholic drinks is at the wheels of the vehicle in which they are travelling. In extreme cases, the Club may be held responsible for defaults of its Members.
Members are requested to take extreme precautions in this regard and ensure that they and their Dependents do not flout these rules.
For your convenience, Taxi/Auto Services are available round the clock as follows:
(a) Taxi at Transit Quarters (Mob:9989235741)
(b) ‘Ola’ & ‘Taxi for Sure’ and such like other taxi services
(c) ‘Uber’, who in exceptional circumstances are willing to provide Free short ride to our Members
Hiring a Boat for Birthday Parties
Now Members can hire a boat for Birthday Parties at Rs. 600/- per Boat, upto the Buddha Statue and back for maximum of 4 persons in each Boat, after indemnifying the Club in writing for safety reasons.
This facility is available for Members with effect from 1 March 2016, within the time period permitted for boating.
Amendment to Club Bye Law No. 42(j)(ii)
Special Parties At Main Club & Sailing Annexe
• Members may note that Flash Lights with Umbrellas for photography are now permitted during Special Parties with effect from 1st March 2016.
• Small bands (maximum 2 people) with low decibel levels and paid for by the host are now permitted during Special Parties at both Main Club and Sailing Annexe.
For the convenience of the Members, mobile chargers have been placed at the following locations:
|3.||Reception Transit Quarters|
|4.||Reception Sailing Annexe|
|5.||Ladies Beauty Parlor|
|6.||Men’s Dressing Room|
|7.||Gym & Card Room|
|10.||Swimming Pool, Ladies and Gents Dressing Rooms|
With immediate effect, Members can obtain parcels against their smart cards as per the following protocol:
• Upto 5 parcels of each item is permitted.
• 6 to 10 parcels of each item permitted in case minimum 4 hrs advance notice is given.
• More than 10 parcels of each item permitted with minimum of 4 hrs notice and at double the price of the items.
No-smoking In Transit Rooms
Members will be happy to know that all Transit Rooms are Non-Smoking Rooms. Penalty for each default is Rs. 2000/-
Games Subscription For Children
Following Subscriptions are applicable w.e.f. Jan 2016:
• 5-16 years of age Rs. 100/- for each game. Register must be signed accordingly
• No changes in already existing charges for children
Sports & Games
Now Members can hire the Squash Court for Rs. 2000/- per day between 10:30 am to 3:30 pm (5 hrs), subject to availability. Contact the Sports Manager, Mr. Satrin.